Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Workplace Bitching The story

I am not one to talk about the work place outside the work place.
But I need to air something that has weighed me down in the office for some time now.

It is the issue of one stupid woman in my office who I have decided to try to get along with for the sake of my own sanity.

She used to work in the company a long time ago. She however left the company for some reasons and is now back. Good for her.

However the problem is that upon her return, obviously things had changed and she found it a bit unsettling. She is from this side of town and therefore could not quite stomach the fact she has to report to younger African (me) and before I know it there is tension in the air.
I had a word with my boss about it and he said that he is sure that I will be able to deal with but alas I could not deal with it very well. She has a very strong personality to counter act her venom, I formed an alliance with another lady in the office and we made the working environment rather uncomfortable for her to the extent that she actually had a verbal warfare with my ally. They were seriously reprimanded.

The thing is that I have just realised what is all this rubbish about. I see part of myself in her and she is trying to do is to mark territory for what? I ask myself. I realise that this is not my father’s office and even if it was it is not by bitching that you make progress. I will make peace with her. I know she feels very threatened by me and what I am doing by responding negatively is allowing her take charge of the situation and control my actions. So today, I will take the road less travelled and build a bridge and not a fence.

I am sure that she will shocked. Lets se how it goes …..i will keep you posted

8 comments:

tobenna said...

Nice and wise move.
Do not stoop to her level.
Have an open chat with her and lay all the cards on the table.
Your boss trusts that you can handle it, so do.
Let us know how it goes.....

Sprezatura said...

dig a nail into her face, it will hush her up.I have been trying to poast this message for ages.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not there are pple that always feel threatened in all circumstances and there is nothing you can do to allay their fears , All i can say is that extend the hand if she accepts fine otherwise leave there is not much you can do. you have tried .

Pink Lips said...

Just ignore her, she will get tired soon. By the way u've been tagged.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I agree with you. Complaining and whining will only compound the situation. I am confident that you are wiser and slicker than she is. So, while you make peace, don't forget to prepared to outsmart and outwit her at every turn.

Keep doing you! God dey!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

@ sprezatura: Damn!!!! lol! That is some serious harshness. lawl!!!!

Afrobabe said...

I think you should just ignore her and treat her like the fool she is....

Jaguda said...

ignore her, it aint worth the trouble. stooping to her level gains you no favours love