Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

DEATH AND THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND

I get really worked up when somebody dies whether I know the person or I don’t. It is just the way I am.

Quite recently my colleagues mum died of breast cancer. I never met the woman before but she talked about her all the time. In a strange way she (my friend knew the end was near but chose denial) and so she talked about her all the time. By the way her mum was back in her country (Last King Of Scotland Location).Hence all information regarding her mum’s health was over the phone.

I remember the day she was told her mum had been rushed to the hospital. I said I think you should be planning a trip home like ASAP. She replied that her dad said she should not come home yet. I said to her at what point do they want you to come, is it when she has passed away. She was confused but saw reason. And started making plans anyway her mum passed away before she made the booking she left the next day after her mum passed away. It was sad very sad I cried cos the very last time she spoke to her mum I was with her. Her last words to her daughter were. I AM FIGHTING THIS THING YOU KNOW WHAT A FIGHTER I AM.
What bugs me now is I always wonder which one of us is going to die first (i.e. me and my siblings)
I know it sounds weird and sick but it just bothers me all the time. Am I the only on that thinks this way or do other people think this way. I have never discussed this with anybody before.

No comments: